The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) has confirmed that it will begin to accept new bids from IT suppliers that want to be a part of the tenth iteration of the G-Cloud framework at the end of April 2018.
What is G-Cloud?
The G–Cloud service began in 2012. The initiative was started by the UK Government to ease IT procurement by public-sector bodies across the UK.
In 2017, 83% of G-Cloud sales were through central government; the other 17% were through the wider public sector. These figures were published alongside the value of G-Cloud sales.
The figures published by the Government Digital Service and CCS at the start of February state that more than £2.8bn* of cloud services have been procured through the G-Cloud framework since it started.
The next version, G-Cloud 10 is going live in June.
Improving IT Procurement
The UK Government set up G-Cloud to change IT procurement across the entire public sector.
Over the years G-Cloud has helped SMEs sell their IT and cloud services to bigger public sector organisations, while buyers now have a larger pool of IT suppliers to choose from.
It has been estimated that there are 2,856 suppliers listed on the current Cloud 9 framework.
90% of the suppliers listed are SMEs and 48% of total sales through the framework are awarded to small IT suppliers.
This shows the massive impact the project has had for small and medium-sized IT businesses.
The Minister for Implementation, Oliver Dowden, has confirmed that G-Cloud 10 will continue to support SME business, providing smaller businesses with a pathway to government IT contracts. He has said that:
“Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, so it’s crucial we listen to them when shaping policy.”
This supports Philip Hammond’s statements during the Autumn Budget 2017 that the Conservative government is listening to small businesses.
How Can Tracker Help?
We help small and medium-sized businesses across the country find IT procurement opportunities every day. Our portal has IT tenders live, ready to be won for services like system management, software development, data processing and many others.
Whether you are looking for tender opportunities in the UK & Republic of Ireland, Europe or Internationally, use our free tender search for IT procurement.
Discover IT tender opportunities your business could be bidding for right now.
Free Tracker Trial
Try Tracker Premier’s tools for free. We more IT tender alerts than any other provider in Europe. We have the tools that your business needs to spot IT market trends and keep your eye on the ball with powerful market insight.
Sign up for your FREE trial!
Mar 08, 2018.