UK businesses will now have access to a new suite of services to help boost their international trade opportunities through UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)’s new e-Exporting Programme.
Businesses of all sizes from across the UK will have access to the services to help boost their international trade through online channels.
Trade Minister Lord Livingston will launch the government support package today at the Autumn Fair at the NEC in Birmingham.
Trade Minister Lord Livingston said: “The UK leads the world in cross-border online sales, but there is still much more we can do to help British business seize this huge opportunity with forecasts of 3 billion online consumers in just 3 years.
“Trading online is a great way to start exporting to a new country, enhance distribution in an exciting market and effectively sell while you sleep. This is why we are launching the UKTI e-Exporting Programme to help businesses thrive abroad in some of the world’s largest markets.”
Business opportunities from the new e-Exporting Programme
UKTI’s new e-Exporting Programme has been created to ensure UK companies are best placed to tap into the huge opportunities that exist online for exporting. The growth of technology has dramatically changed consumers’ purchasing habits as Britons are now spending approximately £91 billion a year online making the UK one of the world’s leading e-commerce countries.
The new programme will comprise of:
- A new suite of services and support to help UK companies take advantage of online selling which is forecasted to reach £60 billion by 2018
- UKTI working with the world’s leading e-marketplaces to help UK companies fast-track international sales
- UKTI detailing information for more than 400 of the world’s e-marketplaces to help companies plan their sales strategies
UKTI is working with a number of international e-marketplaces including Tmall China, Amazon China, Japanese e-commerce platform Rakuten and Harper’s Bazaar.
As businesses operate through these e-marketplaces, it becomes a lot more cost-effective, particularly for small and medium sized businesses, to increase their reach in terms of geography and numbers.
The programme is designed to encourage UK exporters to reach out to the generation of digitally-capable consumers who are increasingly influenced through online channels.
Increasing export opportunities with Tracker
By demoing Tracker for free you will:
- Gain access to the UK’s most comprehensive database of public sector contracts
- Keep track of the latest news, legislation and market developments with real-time updates from Market Intelligence
- Gain powerful insight into what your customers and competitors are doing, discover emerging business growth opportunities and interrogate in excess of 25 million individual spend transactions from more than 1000 buyers