Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government has revealed a £1.3 billion investment to deliver homes, infrastructure, and jobs.
A press release published on the government website states, “that Funds to deliver up to 45,000 homes, create up to 85,000 jobs and upgrade skills and infrastructure to help fuel a green economic recovery announced.”
Upgrades to local infrastructure and skills boost
The investment, which has been confirmed by Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick, will play a part in the government’s plan to deliver upgrades to local infrastructure and boost skills to help fuel a green economic recovery.
Highlights from the official announcement include:
- Over 300 shovel-ready projects in England to share £900 million investment from the Getting Building Fund to build homes and infrastructure, and create jobs
- £360 million investment confirmed to deliver 26,000 new homes on brownfield land
- Strict accreditation rules for tradespeople involved in the £2 billion Green Homes Grant scheme to ensure homes are of the highest quality
What is the Getting Building Fund?
The Getting Building Fund was announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson in June and is investing in shovel-ready infrastructure projects to create jobs and support economic recovery across the country.
Projects funded include:
- regeneration of town and city centres
- green infrastructure and clean energy
- transport and digital connectivity improvements
- unlocking of housing and business sites
- support for SMEs and learners
The government has confirmed that:
“The successful projects (over 300) are expected to deliver up to 85,000 jobs, over 1,500,000 sqm of commercial floor space, unlocking 45,000 homes, almost 1,000,000 sqm of public realm or green space improved or created, over 50,000 new learners assisted, and 65 million kgs of CO2 emissions saved.”
The public sector marketplace is open for business
Despite the challenges of COVID-19, construction and infrastructure projects are moving full steam ahead.
Tracker is investing heavily to ensure that the latest opportunities are not only delivered straight to your inbox but that our customers are equipped with the very latest in market intelligence. This enables our users to maintain and grow their pipeline in a market where opportunities are huge.
New to Tracker? Learn about how business intelligence can support your efforts to win more tenders with the public sector during a free live demo with a member of our expert procurement team.
Last updated on November 8th, 2021
Aug 06, 2020.